Well, this happened.
Carly Rae Jepson put out a single with Owl City. Remember Owl City? They’re that crossover Christian band who rips off the Postal Service and thinks it’s weird to hate goodbyes.
The song is called “Good Time” and it’s aggressively optimistic. I can’t say I’m having a very good time listening to it, though. I feel a bit like I’m stuck on the “It’s a Small World” ride at Disney World with a youth group who thinks it’s couth to sing along as loud as they can while yelling about how much good clean fun they’re having.
In fact, I will be surprised if youth groups around the country don’t adopt this as their anthem. It doesn’t specifically mention God but we all know that they can have such a good time without even having to try because they’ve got Jesus on their side. Owl City already has the Christian music background, and if CRJ sounds like a “whoo girl,” it’s only because she’s high on life. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that!)
“Good Time” is offensively inoffensive and will probably be well-received by fans of High School Musical. I need a drink or twelve.
After listening to “Good Time” three times to write this post, I honestly think Rebecca Black’s “Friday” is a better song. I’m praying that I don’t ever have to listen to this ever again to compare. At least Friday doesn’t “whoo!”Jul152012
- ipromiseimblack likes this
- noble-fail reblogged this from schwegler and added:
- jpmlndz reblogged this from mikokura and added:
- jpmlndz likes this
- mikokura reblogged this from schwegler
- religiousexcursions reblogged this from schwegler and added:
- schwegler reblogged this from vaguelyus
- young-and-reckless23 reblogged this from vaguelyus
- jildo likes this
- popquizkid reblogged this from barelyamusicblog and added:
- barelyamusicblog reblogged this from vaguelyus and added:
- vaguelyus posted this
Powered by Tumblr | Crystalline designed by Sonny T.